Polymer Industry in India - Export Opportunities and Promising Growth in Domestic Packaging and Automotive Sectors to Drive the Demand”. The study from the company’s Petrochemical Research Group provides an in-depth analysis of the Indian polymer industry. It highlights the major features of the industry and explains the reasons behind its impressive growth in the last decade. The report gives the historic and forecast demand for polymers (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resins, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and styrene butadiene rubber (SBR)) in the region, and discusses the major end use sectors which will drive the polymer demand in India. It also explains the factors which are facilitating the growth of processed plastics exports from India, and gives forecasts for polymer production for the next five years.
The Indian polymer industry made a promising beginning in 1957, but its growth era started after economic liberalization which facilitated the growth of the major polymer end-use sectors. The Indian polymer industry grew at an impressive rate from 2000 to 2011 to become the world’s third largest consumer of polymers after China and the US. Most of this growth has been driven by the packaging sector which is the largest consumer of polymers worldwide. With a rapidly growing economy and the increasing spending power of the Indian middle class, the packaging sector is expected to grow further and create a higher demand for polymers. The automotive sector also is one of the fastest growing polymer end-use sectors and is expected to maintain its growth rate in the future. Plasticulture will be the emerging sector which will drive polymer demand over the next five years. Government support has been crucial for polymer industry growth. The government’s decision to allow 100% foreign direct investment in the processed food industry will drive the demand from the packaging sector. The national mission on micro irrigation will also help popularize plasticulture in the long term.
Replicating the growth in gross domestic product, polymer demand in India grew from 3.459 Million Metric ton per annum (MMtpa) in 2000 to 9.013 MMtpa in 2011 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.1%. Strong growth in the packaging and automotive sectors will drive the demand further to 14.315 MMtpa in 2016. To meet this growing demand, India increased its polymer production from 3.568 MMtpa in 2000 to 7.377 MMtpa in 2016. Production is expected to increase to 11.575 MMtpa in 2016. India’s processed plastics exports have also grown in the last five years to reach to $2.323 billion in the fiscal year ended 2011. As the investment in the processed plastics industry gradually increases, the scale of operation will also increase. This will result in a larger and more efficient processed plastics industry to complement the upstream polymers industry.
The report provides in-depth analysis, market opportunities and challenges for the manufacturers of polymers in India and abroad. It also contains detailed information about polymer capacity, demand and production in India. Its scope includes -
- India’s historic and forecast per capita plastics consumption
- Historical and forecast polymers capacity in India
- Polymer demand and production by commodity in India
- Global polymer demand and production share by region
- Global polymer capacity split by region
- Historic and forecast polymer imports into India.
- Demand for polymers by the packaging and automotive sectors in India
- Historic processed plastics exports from India
- Forecast demand for polymers from the plasticulture sector in India
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision-making capability. It will allow you to -
- Understand end-use sectors which drive polymer demand in India.
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights on the polymers supply scenario in India.
- Identify opportunities in the Indian polymer industry with the help of specific insight on the polymer demand scenario in India.
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of insights into the future opportunities and critical success factors in the Indian polymer industry.
To view a detailed table of contents for this market report please visit: http://www.reportstack.com/product/87674/polymer-industry-in-india-export-opportunities-and-promising-growth-in-domestic-packaging-and-automotive-sectors-to-drive-the-demand.html